British citizens and their family members from third countries must apply for a residence title "Article 50 EUV" from 1 January 2021. With this permit, they may continue to live, work and study in Austria. As of 1 January 2021, the application is generally possible for 12 months after the end of the transitional phase, i.e. until the end of December 2021. The residence title "Article 50 EUV" is valid for 5 years. If you have already acquired a permanent right of residence, it is valid for 10 years. If you already have a certificate of permanent residence or a permanent residence card, you can exchange it for a residence title "Art 50 EUV". The application must be submitted in person to the authorities.
Appointments will be made online from the beginning of December 2020!
- Valid identity card or passport
- Passport photo not older than 6 months (it is recommended to have new passport photos taken and to include the invoice)
- Completed application for residence permit "Article 50 EUV" - online as of December 2020
- Registration certificate, certificate of permanent right of residence if available
- For third-country nationals, the residence card or permanent residence card is required
- As before, no proof of German language skills is required!
MOVES consulting: Your specialist for residence and work permits & global mobility
We are legitimised and specialised in obtaining, processing and handling applications for residence and work permits for you and your employees!
In Austria and in Germany